We always welcome quality guest posts here at Let’s Drink Tea.
If you want to write for us, please read the guidelines below. We only accept high quality articles that provide real value to our readers, so please do not send us low-quality articles full of spammy links.
We do allow one or two dofollow links back to your site, but the links must make sense and must lead to articles that provide additional info or are otherwise of value to the reader.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a guest post
- It must be well-written and related to tea
- It must be 100% original and not copied or slightly changed from somewhere else
- Please read a few of my articles before submitting to understand my writing style and try to adhere to a similar style in your article
- There is no minimum or maximum word count; your article should be as long as it needs to be in order to thoroughly cover the topic
- Please include no more than two links to your site
- Please also include at least 2 outbound links to other authoritative sites (but not to Wikipedia)
- Please also include at least 2 links to other relevant posts on Let’s Drink Tea
- Do not include any affiliate or selling links
- Please provide at least one photo (more is better) that is less than 150 kb in size and at least 640 px wide.
- Make sure to include attribution with each photo
- Please also include a relevant Youtube video, if appropriate
- Please use headings and short paragraphs for readability (H2 tags for main headings and H3 and H4 tags for subheadings)
- Please cite any sources you used in writing the article
- The best way to submit the article is by email as a .txt file in html format (so you can write it in your wordpress editor, then click on the ‘text’ tab and copy the contents to a .txt file)
Here are 3 types of posts that always work well
“How To” Post
This type of post helps readers solve a specific problem or tackle a specific task step-by-step. They often include lots of photos and examples to help clarify the solution.
Some examples “how to” topics would be:
- How To Prepare Oolong Tea In The Gongfu Style
- How To Make Sure Your Tap Water Is Good For Making Tea
Question posts answer a very specific reader question. They should provide all the necessary information to thoroughly answer it and should also any additional questions. Basically, a question post should ensure the reader gets everything he or she needs from this one article and doesn’t need to search elsewhere for more info.
Here are two examples of potential question posts:
- Where Can I Find High Quality Green Tea?
- What Is The Best Tea For Relaxation?
Numbered List Post
These posts consists of a numbered list that can be used as a quick reference guide, where each item in the list also contains a brief description.
Lists posts don’t necessarily have to provide useful information, though. They can also just be fun. The key, as always, is that they provide some value (and that value can be enjoyment) to the reader.
Here are examples of potential list posts:
- The 5 Best Teas To Replace Your Morning Coffee
- 6 Reasons to Start Your Day With Tea
Other Types Of Articles
In our experience, the 3 article types above are easy to write and go over well with readers. That said, we are open to other types of content. The only requirement, as stated many times already, is that it provide value to the reader.
How to submit a guest post
If you have a great idea for an article for Let’s Drink Tea and are willing to ensure it meets our high standards, please send me an email with 2 to 3 topic ideas at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to include the words “Guest Post” in the subject line. I will always get back to you within a few days (unless I can tell from your email that you would not be a good fit, i.e. tons of spelling mistakes or it is clear you have never even glanced at my site, etc.).