When it comes to tea, most people have their own preference for the type of tea set they want. Since China and Japan have a long history of consuming this delicate drink, some of the most delicate and authentic ones come from the Far East.
Europe too has its share of excellent tea services which have lovely patterns and designs. With the advent of the British Empire, tea became an integral part of the culture of Britain in the 1800s and continues to remain so.
We bring to you below the best 5 tea sets that are available online today. You can opt for a minimal package, one that is easy to transport, authentic Japanese or Chinese ones or a full range version.
For those who don’t like reading, here is a brief summary of our top picks.
Summary of Recommendations
We have listed the Top 5 Tea Sets for the year 2019 below:
Comparison Table For Top Tea Sets
|Name||Type||Cups||Pot Capacity||Total Pieces||Unique Point|
|Seb's Japanese Set
||Japanese||five||500 ml||six||- Handcrafted
- Authentic Japanese Look
|European Ceramic Set
||European||four||450 ml||nine||Made of Bone China|
|European Red Rose Set
||European||six||500 ml||fifteen||Vintage Look|
|Fuloon Chinese Gongfu Set
||Chinese||four||200 ml||seven||- Portable
- Authentic Chinese Look
|Fine China Porcelain Set
||Chinese||four||700 ml||sixteen||High-quality Bone China|
The Best Tea Set in 2019
Best Japanese Tea – Seb’s Kitchen Handcrafted Japanese Tea Set
This offering from Seb’s is an excellent, hand-crafted set made of ceramic. It is made in Japan so the quality is very high. It is great for enjoying our favorite drink and as an item of home décor. You can give it as a gift as it comes in a beautiful box. Everything is dishwasher friendly and microwavable (except for the steel strainer, of course).
- High-quality: The ceramic used in crafting the pot and cups and the finish are excellent. Since everything is made in Japan you can be assured that it is authentic and top quality.
- Aesthetic Look: The aesthetic look means keep it as a home décor item along with using it for drinking.
- Easy to clean: Unlike many ceramic offerings on the market, the Seb’s Kitchen bundle is easy to clean, since you can clean it in your dishwasher.
- Small teapot: Since there are five teacups, a bigger teapot would help to make sure that all are filled when you are making tea so that you don’t have to brew the tea twice.
When it comes to high-quality and an excellent look, the Seb’s Kitchen bundle is the one you should go for. You get 5 teacups, one teapot, and one stainless steel filter. It is great to use and looks good in any house. I didn’t rate the sets, because they are all so different, but I would give this one the highest Let’s Drink Tea rating of any on this list: a 4.7 out of 5.
Vintage Tea Set – Ufengke 9 Piece European Ceramic Tea Set
The Ufengke ceramic set is a nine-piece European style version. It is made of bone china and can be used as a tea or a coffee set. The Ufengke Ceramic service comes with a metal holder and is very easy to use. It has pink camellia paintings of flowers and butterflies on it.
- It looks very good: All the Ufengke Ceramic pieces look dainty, exactly how a they should look. It has a nice European look to it.
- Customer Service: The customer service of the Ufengke Company is very good and if any items are damaged in transit, they will replace them for you.
- Colors: It comes in two colors of white and pink.
- Wedding gift: It is exquisite to look at, so it can be an excellent wedding gift, especially if the bride likes pink.
- Capacity: The capacity of the teapot is only 450 ml so you may need to refill it if you want to fill all the teacups.
The Ufengke Ceramic set is excellent if you are looking for a European style model. It comes in two colors and is very dainty. The teapot could have been a little bigger but it is perfect for brewing tea for four to five people.
European Red Rose Tea Set
The European Red Rose service is a complete teapot set of 15 pieces which include cups and saucers, a creamer, a sugar set and a teapot. It can be used for a tea party or after dinner. You can gift it for a wedding.
- Vintage Look: It has a vintage look with rose color on a creamy white background. It will look great in your kitchen, living or dining room.
- Gift: The European Red Rose set is packaged well as a gift and you can gift it for a variety of occasions like birthdays, Father’s day, Mother’s day, Thanksgiving, housewarming, Christmas, bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, anniversary, etc.
- Refund: If the product is chipped, you get a full refund or a free replacement as per your choice.
- Difficult to clean: Since the European Red Rose components are not dishwasher friendly, you need to wash them by hand which makes them a little more difficult to clean.
- You can’t heat it in a microwave: In case you want to quickly heat a cup of tea in your microwave, you can’t do so as the cups are not microwavable.
The European Red Rose service is an excellent gift as it as a royal, English look of the 1800s. It is an excellent gift. The set has 15 pieces and both the teapot and the milk pot have enough capacity to fill all the cups.
Tea Set Chinese – Fuloon Portable Chinese Kungfu Tea Set
If you want an authentic Chinese looking pot and cups then you should go for the Fuloon Kungfu Chinese Tea Set. It is portable and easy to travel with. It is made of porcelain and you get a teapot, teacups & a tea tray. If you’re not familiar with the gongfu (or kungfu) brewing method, read this lesson.
- High Quality: The quality of the components is very high and they has a very traditional Chinese style and look. Everything is made of Ge kiln which is a type of ceramic.
- Portable and easy to carry: Since you also get a free portable bag, all the pieces are very easy to carry around and to store. The travel bag is very convenient and perfect for travel, for outdoor picnics or if you are going on a business trip.
- Small Teapot: With a capacity of just 200 ml, the teapot is rather small. Also since there are only four teacups, you can’t use it if there are a large number of people (Chinese teapots are usually small, but you can find larger ones as well, like this one).
If you are interested in a high-quality, Chinese looking set then the Kungfu version from Fuloon is a good choice. It is excellent if you are traveling and very authentic looking.
Jusalpha Fine China Tea Set
If you are looking for a complete tea service then the Fine China one from Jusalpha is the choice for you. It is made of fine bone china and has translucency along with being lightweight. It is very strong and has a feel and finish. You get a whole range of 16 pieces with this set including teacups, spoons, saucers, a glass teapot with a filter which can be removed and cleaned and a teapot warmer.
- Complete Set: The Jusalpha Fine China offering is a complete bundle that includes four spoons, four teacups, four saucers, one teapot warmer and one teapot with a filter.
- Translucent and lightweight: The bone China used in all the components is excellent which makes all the items very light. The finish has a translucent sheen.
- Delicate Pattern: The pattern is delicate and lovely to see.
- It can break easily: Since everything is made of bone china, the pieces are very delicate and can break very easily. Many reviewers online have complained that they received broken pieces.
The Jusalpha Fine China Service is a dainty and delicate option made of fine bone china. It is a complete set with sixteen items so you get value for your money. It looks great and also comes with a teapot warmer so that you don’t need to constantly heat up the water.
Conclusion: The Best Tea Sets in 2019
Having a good quality teapot and cups is very helpful when it comes to entertaining guest.
- If you like a Japanese look, then you can go for the Seb’s Kitchen Japanese Handcrafted Cherry Blossom Gift Bundle.
- If you want a Chinese look, you can go for the Fuloon Chinese Kungfu Model.
- If you want a European looking service you can choose the ufengke European Ceramic one or the European Red Rose one for a rich, classic, vintage European look.
- Finally, you can choose the Jusalpha Fine China model if you want one with everything, including a teapot warmer.