Want to drink more tea, but hate waiting for water to boil?
I can’t tell you how many cups I’ve skipped because I was too impatient to wait for the water (it’s sad, I know…).
Then I got a water boiler and warmer. The Zojirushi CV-DCC50XT gives you hot water at the push of a button.
- Hybrid water boiler and warmer; Energy-saving timer function (6-10 hours)
- 4 keep warm temperature settings (160 Degree F, 175 Degree F, 195 Degree F, 208 Degree F) and vacuum insulated non-electric keep warm
- Dimensions (W x D x H) : 8.8 x 11.1 x 15.8 Inches. Removable magnetic power cord
- Quick temp mode brings water to desired temperature without boiling, Micro computerized temperature control system
- Easy-To-Clean nonstick interior and clear-coated stainless steel body
- Interchangeable melody or beep signal may also be turned off
With its variable temperature settings, you get water at the exact temperature you need for the different kinds of tea. No more bitter green or white tea from water that is too hot.
A water boiler comes in handy for all kinds of other uses as well, from making coffee, to oatmeal, to hot chocolate, to noodles, to baby milk, etc.
Of course you can simply use a standard electric kettle to heat water for all the same uses. It would certainly save you a lot of money.
The question is: do you hate waiting for water to boil as much as I do?
The Zojirushi water boiler keeps the water at the temperature you choose throughout the day, so you can quickly make a steaming cup of tea whenever you get the urge.
Read on to see what else a Zojirushi hybrid water boiler and warmer does and if buying one makes sense for you.
Table of Contents
Complete Zojirushi CV-DCC50XT Review
Variable Temperature Settings
The Zojirushi CV-DCC50XT has four variable temperature settings:
- 208°F: for black, herbal tea, pu-erh tea, coffee, instant noodles
- 195°F: for oolong tea and Darjeeling tea (technically an oolong)
- 175°F: for green teas
- 160°F: for delicate white teas
The water is kept warm using a hybrid of electricity and vacuum insulation technology, which uses far less energy, saving your money and our environment.
The unit also has a completely non-electric mode, which saves even more energy. This is the mode to use if you are keeping the water at the same temperature for long periods of time.
The inside of the water boiler/warmer is made of stainless steel and is entirely BPA-free. The same goes for the inside of the lid.
The only plastic or silicon components that could potentially come into contact with your water are some of the gaskets and the outer lid. Naturally, all of these components are BPA-free as well.
Features and Specifications of the Zojirushi CV-DCC50XT
- large 4-liter (135 oz) capacity means plenty of hot water for parties, small offices or even the largest of families
- Vacuum-electric (VE) hybrid keep warm system saves energy and your money
- Micro computerized temperature control system to ensure accurate water temperatures
- Energy-saving timer function (6-10 hours), so your hot water will be ready for you when you get up in the morning
- Easy-to-clean clear coated stainless steel exterior
- Easy-to-hear sound indicator to alert completion of boiling process or low water level
- Removable magnetic power cord
- Optional “Cafe Drip” dispensing mode which allows for slower dispensing
- Four keep warm temperature settings (160°F, 175°F, 195°F, 208°F and Vacuum Insulated Non-Electric Keep Warm)
- cETLus listed
- Dimensions: 8-3/4 x 11-1/8 x 13-7/8 inches
- Made in Japan (not China, like the cheaper Zojirushi CD-WBC40)
- Instruction manual in English, French, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
Customer Reviews and Scores
At the time of writing, the Zojirushi CV-DCC50 Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer had over 400 customer reviews and an exceptionally high rating.
The vast majority of reviews are very positive, but I did notice that several people reported the same problem.
According to their reviews, when the water reached the boiling point, an HH error code would appear in the display and the unit would go into automatic shutdown mode.
I have not had this problem personally and neither has anyone I know who owns this water boiler/warmer, but since several reviews reported the same issue, I would definitely test yours as soon as it arrives and return it immediately if you find your unit displaying an HH error code.
Apart from that, most reviews are downright glowing, with customers saying “Very easy to use and well made” or “An excellent tea tool for the frequent drinker“ or “Worth EVERY penny!”
I did see a few people complain that the unit will heat the water all the way to boiling and then let it cool back down to a lower temperature setting, instead of simply heating it to that temperature and then stopping.
They didn’t like having to wait longer for lower temperature water than for hotter water.
I can definitely understand this complaint, but I like knowing that my water has been boiled completely and thus sterilized.
It does take a bit longer as a result, but I simply use the timer. I set it at night and have hot water waiting for me when I wake up in the morning. And I have hot water ready whenever I want some tea throughout the day.
I concur with most reviewers and happily recommend this product. I give it a Let’s Drink Tea rating of 4.7 out of 5.
Zojirushi Water Boiler Review: Conclusion
The Zojirushi CV-DCC50 is a high quality hybrid water boiler and warmer that makes drinking tea as easy as getting a cup of water from the faucet. No more waiting for water to boil.
Even better, no more bitter tea from water that is too hot for the leaves. If you’re someone who spends money on a quality tea set, you don’t want water temperature to ruin the tea drinking experience.
You get tea brewed at the perfect temperature each and every time and you don’t have to wait for water to boil.
I highly recommend this product for the home of any tea drinker or for any office with several tea drinking employees. If you are looking for something more portable instead, check out these best small electric tea kettles.